E - trails
The TLBAA Board of Directors approved the Trails Cover Format policy during the June 11, 2011 Board of Directors Meeting. The policy will begin with the July 2011 cover.
POLICY ON Trails Cover Format Approved June 11, 2011
Need For Policy/Discussion
The cover makes the first and most important impression to the reader and is the most valuable page of the magazine. Because the 2009 Board of Directors requested that the Trails sell covers to increase revenue, it is imperative that a policy on cover format be set in order to keep the best image of the Trails intact.
- Photograph for the cover is vertical and is of the highest quality with a 300 dpi.
- Trails logo shall not be altered to accomodate a photo, unless it enhances the image of the magazine.
- Mailing label is a rectangular shape beginning at the bottom left hand corner. It will not be moved to accomodate a photo due to mailing policies.
- Cover art and photographs will be approved through the Editor In Chief.
- Copy can be added to the cover to identify animals, events or other promotions.
- Any additional copy regarding the cover will be placed on the Table of Contents page under the heading “About the Cover”.
- At least a third of a page within the magazine will be available for the purchaser of the cover to continue with copy regarding the cover if space on “About the Cover” is lacking.
- The editor in chief and the art director of the Trails will have final approval of covers.
- By following these guidelines, the purchaser of the cover can be assured that the highest quality of production standards will be used to provide a professional result.