General Scholarship Information
The TLBT Bright Futures Scholarship Program awards scholarships of $1,500.00 each annually to outstanding members of the TLBT who are graduating from high school and pursuing to further their education.
• Youth applicants must be current, paid members of the TLBT for a minimum of three years.
• Applicant must be a graduating high school senior from an accredited high school or an approved home school curriculum during the 2020 or 2021 year.
• Applicants must have participated in at least one TLBT show each year for the past three years
• Each applicant must complete the application in its entirety and must submit it by the due date listed on the application.
• Applicants must enroll in either a college, university, or approved trade school within one year following the reward of the scholarship. Applicants have up to four years to use their scholarship.
• Each applicant must submit a 400 word essay on the topic given for that particular year. The topic will be listed on the application form.
• Each applicant must furnish a copy of a recent report card, evidence of full-time student status, proof of grade level and a copy of a transcript from the high school attended or approved home school curriculum.
• Each applicant must submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader and one from a registered Longhorn breeder.
All complete applications will be considered, regardless of applicant’s socio-economic status, race, color, sex, religion, national origin or disability. Recipients will be selected by the trustees of the TLBA Foundation’s TLBT Bright Futures Scholarship Fund and shall be chosen based upon the applications received and funding available for that particular year.
*Please be aware that before any monies can be disbursed, the TLBAA office needs to receive a letter from the school of your choice verifying you have registered for classes in their institution. This letter will usually come from the Office of the Registrar and will include the student’s name; student identification number; their Office of Post Secondary Education Identification (OPID) number; the school’s official seal and signed by someone from the school. The check will then be issued directly to the school you are attending. Failure of a student awarded a TLBT Bright Futures Scholarship to comply with the scholarship rules as stated herein shall automatically constitute forfeiture of the scholarship monies. Thank you and good luck in your future endeavors.